The OPTI-FARROW (previously Combi-flex) system is a temporary farrowing crate option designed by Vissing Agro.
Built on fully slatted floors the farrowing crate can be opened up to allow the sow to turn around in the pen but also enables close containment when necessary.
The sow is given:
- Freedom to turn around when the crate is in open position
- Flexible crate space for larger sows when in closed position
The piglets are given:
- Safe and easy udder access particularly when in closed position
- Appropriate creep environment
- Reduced spread of infection as on slatted flooring
The staff are assured:
- Fast and safe inspection of piglets
- Ability to cross-foster easily when in closed position
- Ability to restrain aggressive sows
- Ability to treat sows safely
- A fully slatted floor allows easy maintenance of good hygiene
How to build a Combi-Flex pen
The measurements of the farrowing pen are 2.4m x 2.4m and when the farrowing crate sides are in place the crate sits at an angle which facilitates supervision and feeding of the piglets.
For more information please visit Vissing Agro.