The 360 was designed by Midland Pig Producers. It is built on the same footprint as a conventional crate with a fully slatted floor.
It has a flexible design with moveable restraining bars which can give the animal space to turn around in the pen but also enables close containment when necessary.
The sow is given:
- Freedom to turn around when in the open position
The piglets are given:
- Safe udder access particularly when in the closed position
- Reduced spread of infection as on slatted flooring
The staff are assured:
- Fast and safe inspection of piglets
- Ability to cross-foster easily when in closed position
- Ability to restrain aggressive sows
- Ability to treat sows safely
- A fully slatted floor allows easy maintenance of good hygiene
How to build a 360° farrower system
For more information on all aspects of this design please visit the 360 website.