Jetwash market two swing-side farrowing crate options (Jetwash One and Jetwash Two). They are built to occupy the same footprint as a conventional crate with a fully slatted floor.
The farrowing crate can be opened up to allow the sow to turn around in the pen but also enables close containment when necessary.
The sow is given:
- Freedom to turn around when the crate is in open position
The piglets are given:
- Safe udder access particularly when in closed position
- Reduced spread of infection as on slatted flooring
The staff are assured:
- Fast and safe inspection of piglets
- Ability to cross-foster easily when in closed position
- Ability to restrain aggressive sows
- Ability to treat sows safely
- Fully slatted floor allows easy maintenance of good hygiene
How to build a Jetwash system
Dimensions for the pens vary for the conventional 1.8m wide x 2.5m deep crate footprint up to 2.4m wide x 3.0m deep.
Both pen designs can be designed to suit existing farrowing buildings or new builds. Jetwash Two would be most suitable for the conventional crate footprint layout.
For more information on all aspects of the different designs please visit the Jetwash webpage.